Um, if you can’t tell, I am pretty d*mn excited. This is my favorite blogging event of the year. Lucky for me, it comes around not once, but twice in said year. Double squee!!!!
I have been participating for a few years now, thus I have gotten somewhat of a preparation down.
1. Go to library to check out stacks of books that cannot all possibly be read in one day. What can I say? I like a pool to choose from because I am moody like that. Also, I usually do this a few weeks too early and wind up having to renew said books before the readathon day.
2. Decide on snacks!!! Part of the fun of readathonning (for me anyway) is the the assortment of tasty snacks supplanting actual meals. I like to have everything purchased and prepared beforehand. That way I can be at maximum laziness on the day of.
3. Stake out reading places. Numero uno reading spot is my comfy red couch. However, I do like to have other spots in mind for when my body gets restless. I also like to entertain the notion of leaving my house and chilling with my books at one of the nearby within-five-minutes-walking-distance coffeeshops. But I think I have let that notion go this time around. Because who am I kidding? I never leave the house. It’s too much of a hassle to lug the computer around. Also, my couch is way more comfortable. 😉
Other reading spots are the bed, the bathtub, floor cushions, and the wall (so I can take viparita).
4. Plan a readalong with my friend, Rhinoa.
5. Try to find a reading partner. I think it would be fun to have a friend come over and read with me. However, this usually doesn’t happen. But! This year one of book club friends will be joining me. Yay!!!!
Will you be participating in Dewey’s 24 hour readathon? If so, how do you prepare?