I have a passion for the Classics. Classic movies. Classic Cars. Classic Rock. Pretty much anything old school totally rocks my boat. So of course I am a fan of Classic books. I think more readers should be too. But time and again I run into The Three Classic Excuses. Too much work. Too boring. Too long. Baloney. Not all Classics fit these stereotypes. I try to dispel these myths through my posts here on Quirky Girls Read on a regular basis. Many kind visitors leave comments stating that they will add a Classic to their To Be Read pile. But you and I both know all that means is that it will be used to prop up the pile rather than being picked up and actually read any time soon. So out of desperation I am resorting to bribery to show readers that Classics can be fun, entertaining and even accomplished in a short period of time! Take a gander at the challenge and giveaway below. Then fit a Classic into your summer reading and have a chance to go shopping for whatever book you like to get you ready for the Fall.
Summer Reading Classics Challenge & Giveaway:
- Read at least 1 Classic over the summer – between June 1st and the end of Labor Day Weekend, September 5th
- You can have begun the Classic prior to June 1st, but it needs to have been completed between the challenge dates above
- Post a review on your blog of each Classic that you read during the challenge period and reference a link to this The Classic Bribe challenge page
- Link to each of your reviews separately by clicking on Mr. Linky below
- Each linked review counts as 1 entry – no entry limit per blogger – read and review as many as you like
- Each entry builds up $1 toward an Amazon gift card – the more entries the higher the balance can grow – capped at $35
- Random winner selected Labor Day weekend from all entries- no restrictions on region
- Winner receives the full Amazon gift card balance accumulated based on entries received
Classics are found in all genres. If you need help finding one to match your style preferences, ask your librarian or leave a comment below – I’m happy to make suggestions!